Thursday, 29 November 2012

Radio Ikhlas - Week 4

My fourth week at Radio Ikhlas where I was reading travel updates and weather 3 times during breakfast show. From 9am till 11 I did university work for my work experience module, then I started writing articles for the Radio Ikhlas quarterly newsletter. The first article is about diabetes and a recipe reducing risk of diabetes, this is because Asian people are at a higher risk of getting diabetes (some of the article is below). Then the station manager asked me to write an article about herbal tea and the health benefits.benefits.

Diabetes:
The United Nations estimates the number of people globally affected by diabetes to be 246 million and approximately half of those are in Asian countries. Globally, Diabetes is ranked as the fourth leading cause of death, in terms of disease.

In the UK, about 90% of all adults with diabetes have type 2 diabetes. According to doctors at the University of Korea in Seoul, 194 million Asians were diabetic in 2003, a statistic that could soar to 330 million by the year 2025.

No comments:

Post a Comment