This week I start at 8am. I get to introduce myself to the listeners plus I read the travel updates and weather once during the breakfast show. From 9am till 11am I do research into the Islamic calendar and new year (below is some of my findings). I next do university work for the module and then have lunch with Shabana. She has made two homemade currys with chutney, we go into town for naan bread and she shows me the area.
Islamic Calendar
The Islamic calendar (or Hijri calendar) is a lunar calendar; it still has 12 months but is based on the motion of the moon. The new month starts when the lunar crescent is first seen after a new moon. This calendar is 11 days shorter than a solar year.
15th November 2012 is the start of the new Islamic year, this date is called 1 MuHarram 1434 A.H. The next Islamic year starts on 4th November 2013. The Islamic calendar is ahead of the Gregorian calendar, it will be many years till the two calendars coincide. 1st May 20874 will be 1 Jumada al-awwal (Jumada I) 20874 A.H., will be when they coincide.
Islamic Calendar
The Islamic calendar (or Hijri calendar) is a lunar calendar; it still has 12 months but is based on the motion of the moon. The new month starts when the lunar crescent is first seen after a new moon. This calendar is 11 days shorter than a solar year.
15th November 2012 is the start of the new Islamic year, this date is called 1 MuHarram 1434 A.H. The next Islamic year starts on 4th November 2013. The Islamic calendar is ahead of the Gregorian calendar, it will be many years till the two calendars coincide. 1st May 20874 will be 1 Jumada al-awwal (Jumada I) 20874 A.H., will be when they coincide.
No comments:
Post a Comment