I am starting work experience at Radio Ikhlas in Derby for my Work Based Learning module at the University of Derby. Before I started I had a brief meeting and look around the radio station with the manager Tanvir. you can find out more and listen to Radio Ikhlas here.
On my first day I get to the radio station at 8am to sit in on the breakfast show and Shabana the presenter tells me more about the station whilst the songs are on. This show is mostly in Urdu which makes it interesting for me, I do understand some of the show such as the news as names don't get translated. Shabana is also in charge of admin at the radio station and will be teaching me about this during my time there.
At 11am myself and Tanvir went through what I’ll be doing during my time at the radio station and started filling in the learning contract. Next I helped Shabana with finance work for the radio station which has to be done precisely because it is part of a charity organisation.
No comments:
Post a Comment