Friday, 1 November 2013

d:one training and 1st solo show

On Tuesday we had the first ever d:one training day and it went very well. Members new and old learnt about how d:one works, the SRA, social media and benefits of volunteering. We had great fun doing a team building activity similar to 'Never Mind the Buzzcocks' guess the intro round. BUT the best part for me was a talk by Helen Grimes, Assistant Editor at BBC Radio Derby. This was a great insight into getting into radio and what radio stations want, that plus a chat afterwards with her gave me greater enthusiasm for a career in radio.

Then on Wednesday I had my first official solo show on d:one, it was scary starting the show but I finished feeling brilliant. The experience of finding content, practising using the studio and talking without someone to bounce off can only improve my radio skills. I can't wait to do it all again next week.

I changed my twitter handle during the week and spruced up my profile, go have a look @astin1992

No comments:

Post a Comment